Reflections - On the Eve of Inauguration Day






There is a passage in Deuteronomy where Joshua becomes Moses' successor and Moses gives him a pep talk. The Bible says Moses tells Joshua to be strong and bold.

"It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed"- Deuteronomy 31:8

So, as I sit here dreading Inauguration Day, I am thinking about how easy it is to get discouraged when things don’t go my way. It's the middle of winter and the summer seems like such a loooong way off. Maybe that’s a good reminder, though. We have a time of bare trees and cold wind but God goes ahead of us, preparing a season of growth. I need to keep rereading that pep talk from Moses - reminding myself that God is with me and also one step ahead. #Sixthyouth #Noteveralone



Comments

Popular Posts