More Children's Story Bibles

Of course, it's just my luck when I find books I really love they are older and harder to find! I bought Bible story books recently that are older and out of print - but I will still recommend them here because there seem to be a ton of them  you can buy used  - like I did! I bought both of these used for less than $1 through Amazon (of course, there was a shipping cost).  Both would be a lovely addition to your family library. Please feel free to take a look at mine here at the church!

The International Children's Story Bible (Thomas Nelson, 1993) is one of my new favorites. It features short, easy to understand and read aloud Bible stories.  The best part is each story is accompanied by illustrations from children around the world.  The art is great! I think the pictures give children the opportunity to see the story through the eyes of another child.  This story Bible also allows us all a chance to see through art how children from different parts of the world view the stories.  Here is a look at some of the pages:








Bible Animal Stories for Bedtime (Jane Landreth, 2011) is great for kids that love animals. Each story starts with a verse, a story featuring animals about that verse, and ends with a short prayer. The stories are just the right length for bedtime. Although this book is recommended for ages 5 -8, think younger AND older kids will enjoy it. 

Here is a look at some of the pages: 








Comments

Popular Posts