BIbles for older kids, teens and adults


A while ago I shared my favorite story Bibles.  Today I am sharing some Bibles that I like for older students.  I have copies of all of them at the church if you would like to take a closer look!

The Deep Blue Kids Bible is a Common English Bible that is great for ages 7-12. I really like this one.  It has call out sections within the text, a Bible dictionary, maps and colorful illustrations. Its a great introduction for kids to using a study Bible.

The Adventure Bible is a New International Version published by Zondervan and is a good Bible for ages 8-12. There are a few versions of this with different covers available.  The NIV translation is easy to read for this age group.
The NRSV Student Bible edited by Philip Yancey and Tim Stafford is a great Bible for teens and even adults. I have used and given this Bible to Confirmation classes.  It has all the elements and tools of a good study Bible. It also has reading tracks,  character profiles such as  "100 People You Should Know "  and a "Where to Find It" reference section that contains a quick-reference list for locating the Bible's best-known events.
 
There are a few different versions of the Harper Collins Study Bible  - I have an older version than the one pictured here. I use this Bible often for my personal Bible study.  This Bible is a New Revised Standard Version with in-depth articles, introductions, and comprehensive notes by Biblical scholars for the Society of Biblical Literature.

Comments

Popular Posts