Quotable

Just wanted to share two quotes that I came across recently.

 
"…have you ever found God in church? I never did. I just found a bunch of folks hoping for him to show. Any God I ever felt in church I brought in with me. And I think all the other folks did too. They come to church to share God, not find God."
Alice Walker, The Color Purple


 
"It’s a defining question for Christians. Who was Christ? I don’t think you’re let off easily by saying He was a great thinker or great philosopher. Because, actually, He went around saying He was the Messiah. That’s why He was crucified. He was crucified because He was the Son of God.
So, He either, in my view, was the Son of God, or He was nuts. Forget rock-and-roll messianic complexes, I mean Charlie Manson-type delirium. And I find it hard to accept that millions of lives, half the Earth, for 2,000 years,
have been touched, have felt their lives touched and inspired by some nutter."
 
Bono
from an RTÉ On
e interview in his native Ireland

 
 

Comments

Popular Posts