Advent - Dec 2

December 2

Luke 10:21-24
from the
(NRSV)

"Jesus Rejoices

21 At that same hour Jesus[a] rejoiced in the Holy Spirit[b] and said, “I thank[c] you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.[d] 22 All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”
23 Then turning to the disciples, Jesus[e] said to them privately, “Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! 24 For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it.”


I love this passage because - to quote Monty Python - "and there was much rejoicing!" Jesus rejoices and says to the disciples:
You are blessed.
Do you hear what I hear?
Do you see what I see?
Thanks be to God.

For children and adults alike - waiting is hard. Waiting for Christmas. Waiting for Christ to come again. So, I guess while I am waiting I will (despite the gloomy rain today) stop, look, listen, and praise God in the meantime.  "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it," says Ferris Bueller.




"We praise you, Lord God, ad we await the arrival of your Son, Jesus Christ."

- daily reading suggestion taken from the Advent 2014 calendar published by Creative Communications for the Parish. 

Comments

Popular Posts