Advent Begins 2015



This week we began the season of Advent! My calendar is already full of church activities. I am keenly aware of how quickly time will pass. So, this year I have made a commitment to myself to follow an Advent calendar, read scripture daily, and reflect upon the season.  I will post my daily readings/reflections on my blog.  I will also post a weekly Advent activity sheet for kids.

I know at Sixth Church, many parents have been busy making Advent calendars and putting together activities for their families.  If you are a Facebook user please check out (or request to join) the "Children and Youth and Sixth Presbyterian" page. Many of our families our sharing their ideas on this page.

Also, we are giving out these nifty Advent wreaths with daily readings for folks to use at home. Stop by the Chapel or see me at church if you haven't gotten one yet!



Here are two other links that might be helpful in your Advent journey:

Creative Advent Activities for Kids
Rachel Held Evans Advent Ideas

Comments

Popular Posts