The MountainTop


During our recent Mission Sunday at the church youth and adults who participated in the Nicaragua trip shared their experiences.  Musicians Susan Powers and Jeff Berman provided us with wonderful music. One of the songs was a piece Susan wrote after returning home and was inspired by her time at El Porvenir.  We had a little trouble with the microphones  - so I asked Sue if she would share the lyics to her song. It's beautiful - Thank you Sue.


The Mountaintop
By Susan Powers

Mother, you and I
Were meant to stay together
You were my best friend
And now that time has flown and taken our forever
I’m more alone then I have ever been

Chorus:
And now what comes around, we are always bound
 Hoping all children will survive
Can you accept what is
 Give me your laughing spirit
We’ll make the best of it
 Our love it just won’t quit
I will take you with me
 To the mountaintop

Now in this world I see
There is always something new
 But I don’t always know what to do
 To not look back
 Just take it as it goes
 Watching the merriment flow.


Now there are children of my own.
Watch them grow
And learn to let them go
 I’m so amazed by your grace
That connects me to this place

You left your shoes on the mountaintop.

Comments

Popular Posts