Reaching Children

Three different people sent me the link to this article from The Christian Century.  I have to say I agree, I agree, I agree! ( and not just because I am, by profession, a Christian Educator!) 
This article mentions "Godly Play" which is a play-based Sunday school curriculum for preschoolers that we use at Sixth.  Read the article if you have a moment and let me know your thoughts. 
What Reaches Children?  article from The Christian Century
"We aren’t prioritizing our children’s Christian formation when we choose the cheapest, easiest or most nicely packaged curriculum. We aren’t prioritizing Christian formation when we have only one person making educational decisions and that person changes from year to year. How can we ever hope to develop a consistent foundation of the biblical story or congregational plan for education? We must press our congregations to take time to discuss and then to discern what the Christian formation mission is for their particular congregation. Only then can they choose curricular resources to support that ministry. It is not a task to be taken lightly. Just as it takes a village to pass on the faith, it takes a community to discern the best resource to fit its people and circumstances."

Comments

Popular Posts