I Wish I Had...


Here is one of my new favorites! I found this book last year at a book sale during a Christian education event and took it home and forgot about it! Over the holidays the little people that were visiting with us discovered it on the shelf and we read it over and over. This book has wonderful pictures and colors! The pictures have enough detail in them that you can read through the book many times and see something new each time. Each page introduces a new animal and some of its special qualities that the reader can image what it would be like to have.  I am giving away the ending here - but my favorite is that last page that says: 


"Most of all I wish I had the huge ears of an elephant to hear what the heavens say."
 We have a copy of this book here at the church if you would like to borrow it. I have created a shelf in the Library for children's books and you can find it there. You can also find it at the Carnegie Libraries here:  Library Link

And on Amazon.com here: Amazon Link


Here are some things to do and discuss after reading this book with your special little ones:


  • What is your favorite animal?
  • What do you think the heavens are saying to the Elephants?
  • What are some ways that we can listen to God?
  • Explore the pages and talk about all the interesting things that are created by God. 
  • Share that God has "Huge Elephant Ears" that are ready to listen to you. What would you like to talk to God about? 

Comments

Popular Posts