Reflections: Ladders and Dreams




(Photo taken at el Porvenir, Nicaragua).

True confessions - here's where I tell you how I can be kind of an idiot. Did you ever have something you learned in your childhood suddenly hit you and finally make sense? I am having one of those "Duh..." moments. There was a song I learned at church camp as a child that I loved to sing - but didn't really have a clue what it was about. "We are climbing Jacob's ladder..." is how it starts. Have you heard it? I know - I should have made the connection before now.
This week's Old Testament scripture from Genesis is about Jacob and a dream he had about angels going up and down a ladder from earth to heaven.

Jacob is comforted by the dream and reminded that God is always with him. I know - pretty obvious right? Geesh.

Do you remember your dreams? What have you been dreaming about?
I love this story because it reminds us of God's presence in our lives - even in our dreams. God's promises Jacob " I am with you and will keep you wherever you go…”

The same promise is offered to each one of us. This week I am comforted by comforted by God’s words and hope to pay more attention to my dreams (however weird they may be:)

(Photo taken at el Porvenir, Nicaragua). #sixthyouth

Comments

Popular Posts