Camp Crestfield Summer Camp





In June I had the pleasure of spending a week at Camp Crestfield summer camp.  It was awesome! I served as the Camp Advocate  - which means I was basically the camp "grandma" for the week. I was there to help with sick or homesick campers, be a liaison between first-time campers and parents, and help the summer staff and counselors in any way needed. In addition to counselors and camp staff , each week volunteers are asked to serve as chaplains and camp advocates. 

If you have ever considered summer camp please check out Camp Crestfield.  It's in Slippery Rock, Pa., just about an hour from Pittsburgh.  Visit their website to get a feel for all the different camps that our offered.  Each week is filled with all the tradition camp activities such as archery, canoes, swimming. Crestfield also has a clay and swamp pit for games, high and low ropes courses and a great climbing wall.  A labyrinth and outdoor chapel on the camp grounds provide space for wonderful worship experiences. 

Of course, I am biased because I was a summer camp kid  but I think it's a great experience for all kinds of kids.  You can read more about my thought on camp in this previous Blog Post. (click the link!)



Checkout this slide show of photos from Week 4 of Summer Camp!





Comments

Popular Posts