Our Sunday School lesson for October 4 focuses on Jesus' telling of the Vineyard Parable also known as the Parable of the Tenants. During the Sunday session, we will focus on listening.
Read the NRSV Version here:
Matthew 21: 33-46
Here is the scripture passage from our weekly lesson plan:
- What is a good way to get someone to listen to you?
- Can you think of some people from the Bible that listened to Jesus when he talked about God?
- Can you think about some people that didn’t?
Here are some questions you can ask your students following the story:
- What did you think about the story?
- Who were the people in the story that are mean? Why were they mean?
- Why do you think Jesus told the Pharisees this story?
- What was he telling them about God?
- Why do you think the Pharisees didn't want to listen to Jesus?
Stega Nona by Tomiede Paola